Dashboard Tip #1: The magic of dashboards is in selecting the right metrics (KPIs) to watch, not the software and sizzle of colors and graphs.
For Small and Medium Size Businesses (SMBs) all these things drive essentially the same thing to measure, manage and constantly improve performance:
- Executive Dashboards (Corporate level)
Big companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions, on software and training to do what we do for SMBs with simple conventions and tools.
AirTight Management provides all the essential elements of these disciplines in a simple to implement package that can be installed easily, one System at a time. It integrates best practices from hundreds of sources into a training program, coaching program and consulting program customized for each client.
Our Experts Will Design a Killer, Custom Executive Dashboard That Will Enhance Your Company and Department Performance Quickly Plus Train All Your Employees for a Flat Rate - Guaranteed!
What You Get:
1. Unlimited online video on-demand training for all employees (available 24/7/365) on the benefits and process of using dashboards to educate and sell the solution internally. Training on management best practices is what will make dashboards work effectively. Without it this change fails. Dashboards, with appropriate training, will focus your employees and generate results. Your team's performance will naturally increase each month for many months. We have separate courses for executives, managers and individual contributors.
2. Our proprietary dashboard design process and expertise to create a custom dashboard that will drive results, profits, cost savings and competitive advantage, not just activities, quickly. The process includes:
We will create a powerful dashboard and train your entire team, impacting your company's performance significantly in only 2 weeks -- without disrupting any current workload. Most employees will only need about 2-3 hours over the 2-3 weeks to complete their training and contribution. Managers will need
3. Phone interviews of key employees by a business expert (not an IT expert) who has designed dashboards for over twenty years. He will create the optimum Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to run your company (not use an industry template). Proper selection of these KPIs by experts generates over 80% of the value from dashboards and Performance Management. Generally we will create 30 to 45 KPIs for a company in four categories across all departments. Every dashboard is custom, not a template based on your industry that many will provide.
4. Live group webinar and individual support for Q & A after the video training for your team is completed (week #1) as the design process kick-off meeting.
5. Delivery of final design in a spreadsheet with all processes and documentation needed to implement proper monthly review, data collection and strategic level adjustments that come from good Business Intelligence. Remember we provide complete management Best Practices training on how to use dashboards too.
6. Follow-up support is also included for 30 days after the design phase is completed to answer questions and help implement. This includes us attending a monthly dashboard review meeting by phone and coaching best practices for Management By Exception (MBE) during that meeting.
All for one flat fee:
Companies under 50 Employees: $4,995 (50% down + 50% on delivery)
How can we do this so cost effectively when some consultants will charge tens of thousands? We eliminate the expensive sales process, contract and all the other overhead of a standard management consulting engagements and just do the work and provide a 100% guarantee you will be happy. We use our proprietary 24/7/365 on-demand Video Training Library (VTL) to train your staff, saving many man-hours of our expert's time and travel, as well as making it convenient, easy and quick for your staff 24/7. We eliminate travel when possible doing everything we can remotely. We focus on the KPIs, not the technology for a practical, fast implementation using only spreadsheets. Small to medium size companies should always use spreadsheets first for at least six months, not spend tens of thousands of dollars on special software, custom coding and training. You must provide a credit card for payment. That's it. This streamlined, technology enabled process allows us to do all this in two to three weeks - we are that good - really! Guaranteed. We also know you'll love our work and need more help later to grow, so even if we break even and get a new client it is a win-win.
No special software is needed and you can use any software vendor you many select later. Our service is completely software agnostic. Your corporate dashboard will be created in a standard spreadsheet anyone can update. We recommend all dashboards start this way and be used for many months before any investment is made in automating the data collection and distribution with software. Then you can plug this design (proven KPIs) into any IT system later, when desired, or continue using a simple spreadsheet for years.
So what do you want?
A) A dashboard template and/or software package (product) that forces you to do all the hard "art" yourself? Or
B) A complete solution, custom designed by a Business Intelligence expert for you that includes all the expertise, training and coaching you need to be successful?
Hum? Tough decision? Not after you talk to us it won't be!
This is a limited time offer
Our included Video Training Library (VTL) courses provide all the management best practices you need to leverage dashboards properly. This advance training for your staff will increase team and department performance by training the five management styles every manager should use and when to use each. We do not just give you the dashboard and leave, we provide all the training for your staff on how to use dashboards effectively -- the harder part that most vendors ignore and leave you to struggle with over months or years. Training can be very expensive and time consuming without the on-demand video training technology we have created. That's how we can do dashboard design and implementations better and cheaper than anyone else out there.
<== Watch this short video introduction to our Dashboards and Metrics System and our training studio. Free video training access is available to all our clients.
Dashboards is one of the quickest and easiest Management Systems to implement for fast impact on a business.
We have several courses to ease implementation of dashboards into your firm.
The key and magic is in the design of the proper metrics to watch which frame each department and function, as well as the proper training of your team.
We also certify professional business consultants and coaches to design, train and implement dashboards correctly for maximum business impact.
On-demand video training shot in our studio is used for consistent, effective and low cost training of your team. We can train and certify employees, managers and individuals to do just what they need to after we help you create your custom dashboard(s). Optional professional certifications are also available.
For the best and quickest results, and lowest risk, we recommend you use experts only to design your dashboard's KPIs at both the corporate and departmental levels. For many reasons people inside your company are too close and lack the experience to get this right without months or years of trial and error. We are very, very good at this and can do it very quickly too.
Done right these dashboards will impact your business dramatically and change how you think about it too. We can design all corporate and departmental dashboards in as little as a week. You will be amazed how m uch leverage you can get running a business by the numbers and how your managers will become better managers too.
Tip #3: There are four categories of numbers that need to be in every dashboard to make it effective. If you do not have all four, balanced, the dashboard and metrics will not work well. The system will be "gamed", or skewed. Bad KPIs can even hurt performance. Call us to learn those about these categories.
In short: Just like any other complex art or skill you must hire an expert to get it right. Business management and dashboards are both complex arts. Don't do paint by numbers (templates) when you need custom, and don't go it alone either. Hire someone who has all the right expertise and has done it for ten years or more - never a software person, accountant or self-professed expert who has never run a business before. Would you try to fly a plane alone without using an instructor first?
Legal disclosure: We reserve the right to approve any fee agreement based on the specifics of that company. Any additional fee will be quoted and disclosed after an initial phone interview but we rarely charge more than the flat rate for the standard services listed. Additional services will be quoted in advance and charged 50% upon start and 50% upon completion. The dashboard is a copyrighted "work for hire" and becomes 100% owned by you only upon final payment. All our work is always kept confidential.
This flat rate is for the main corporate dashboard only. Additional department dashboards with greater detail to improve departments can be added for about $800 each (depends on company and department size) at the same time. These dashboards are generally functional by sales, marketing, operations, finance, product development, customer service etc. They will also be custom designed by business experts, not templates. These will drill down to enhance each department's focus and performance with about 20-35 KPIs to frame that department's success measures and focus.
Optionally we can come on site to hand-hold everyone through the change process and guarantee results right through implementation of data capture and integration with your management processes and cadence of meetings. This is a more labor intensive process with travel time and expenses added and needs a special quote, or time and materials billing, due to so many variables. It is often appropriate for companies with more than 50 employees where the quick impact will generate a ROI by getting it done right and fast.